Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fast Breakfast Mini Quiche

I am a fairly lazy person, and I love my sleep.  Eating paleo every morning can be time consuming if you don't plan ahead. Personally, I like to grab my food and go, so I was told about making these mini quiches using a muffin tin and they are great, easy, and quick to both make and take!


Now remember that we raise our own chickens for eggs and meat, so I am at least aware of where my eggs come from.  Most paleo folks will go on about the virtues of grass fed this or that, and all organic whatever's, but with 6 kids, I just simply couldn't afford all that.  Since they are moving on, and we will soon only have 2 living at home permanently, I may start paying more attention, but as it sits, I will leave the quality of the ingredients and where to procure them, up to you. :)

Generally I make my mini quiches with some type of meat such as bacon or sausage (I have used ham if there were leftovers, but that isn't my favorite), eggs, and then whatever veggies I have on hand that go well with eggs.


Here are the basic ingredients and directions:
  • 12 eggs
  • 8 Sausage Links (8 oz) (or equivalent breakfast meat of choice)
  • 2 cups diced veggies
    • for these I have used one or a combo of:: bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onions, and celery
  • Coconut oil spray
Preheat oven to 350. Fully cook sausage according to package directions or preferred method and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix eggs with wisk or blender and then mix in diced vegetables. Spoon egg/veggie mixture into greased muffin pan and then (because I am anal) portion out equal portions of sausage per muffin tin.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Makes approx 12


Here is a list of other recipes for inspiration:
Breakfast on the Go Sausage Egg Cups
Paleo Omelet Muffins
Savory Breakfast Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment